Here we have gbrainy 1.20, eight months after the previous major version. gbrainy is a brain teaser game and trainer to have fun and to keep your brain trained. It provides the following types of games:
- Logic puzzles. Games designed to challenge your reasoning and thinking skills.
- Mental calculation. Games based on arithmetical operations designed to prove your mental calculation skills.
- Memory trainers. Games designed to challenge your short term memory.
- Verbal analogies. Games that challenge your verbal aptitude.
What is new in version 1.20 from the NEWS file:
* 6 new games
* Verbal analogies (new type of games)
* New translations
* Bug fixes
gbrainy 1.20 is available for download in source code from:
Additionally, gbrainy is available for all major Linux distributions.
On top of the already existant translations, in this version debuts the Danish translation by Joe Dalton.
gbrainy can be extended in two main ways:
- Developing new games as extensions. These are external assembly files that gbrainy recognizes at runtime.
- Defining new verbal analogies using an external file.
If you extend gbrainy, please considering contributing your work to be included in gbrainy.
After a year without releasing a new Windows version of gbrainy I have prepared a new Windows version. This new version works much better because it includes newer versions of the GTK and Mono stacks and a few fixes in the installer.
How can you help gbrainy?
This is a common question that I get. Let me point out some areas where you can help:
- Play the game and provide feedback about the application.
- Translation to different languages. Check the current status of gbrainy translations.
- Any development aid, including fixes or new Puzzles for the current system (see the development section).
- Ideas for new logic puzzles, memory or calculation trainers.
If you like gbrainy, blog about it and tell your friends!