Here we have gbrainy 2.00, a major release that represents 6 months of work. gbrainy is a game that challenges your logic, verbal, calculation and memory abilities.
What's new in version 2.0
gbrainy 2.00 is a version that has introduced major changes in the following areas:
- Integrated question and solution in the same game space (a long requested enhancement)
- Theme support. It is possible to have different themes.
- New default notebook theme that has a more happy looking (see screen capture)
- Vertical / Horizontal toolbar orientation. By default the toolbar has vertical orientation. This is great since most of the computers have 4:3 screens and allows to use more space for the game area.
- Better answer handling. All the games have enhanced to be more flexible when accepting valid answers.
- Better rationale explanations. A explaination for solving the game has been added to a dozen games that were missing it.
- Fixed many verbal analogies that caused sometimes confusion or that were difficult to translate.
- Internationalization fixes: including allowing some strings in plural, better concadenation of some strings, etc.
- Proof-reading of gbrainy's English by a native speaker during a few hours. As a result 20% of strings have been enhanced for better grammar
- Ability to run gbrainy in English ignoring the translations (for languages in which translations are not completed)
- As usual some new challengues: 4 logic games, 1 calculation game, 6 new verbal analogies
- Mono 2.10 support
- Serveral bug fixes
Additionally, gbrainy is available for all major Linux distributions.
gbrainy is also available on-line. All games except memory games are available. This is far from ideal in terms of usability but is still a work in progress and I hope to make more progress during the summer.
You can contribute to gbrainy in many ways, but actually I'm specially looking forward help on these areas:
- If you are a native English speaker and you see any English sentence that has broken grammar or it is difficult to understand please let me know
- If you are playing the game and you see a bug in any of the games please also let me know
Report any issue by fill up a bug in gbrainy bug tracking, sending a message to the gbrainy public group or just dropping me a quick message (jmas at softcatala dot org). Your help is really appreciated.
Finally I want to say thanks a lot to all the people that has participated in this release: translators, people reporting bugs, giving feedback, etc. You contribution has been key as usual!